Midweek Update: Pray for the Fourth Fellows Launch
Dear Fourth Church Family,
Today, I chat with David Frerichs and Jennifer Redd about Fourth Fellows, a new program of “whole life discipleship done by the whole church” that welcomes its first cohort of young adults August 23. Six men and six women will spend nine months working, studying, and serving among us — investing in and being invested in by the Fourth community. This is exciting, but there is much to be done before the fellows arrive. Here are some needs you can help meet right now:
- Pray for the program right now.
- Pray for a fellow by name (Emily, Justin, Lydia, David, Tony, Boyd, Grant, Clement, Dorothy, Thea, Liz, or Genna) throughout the year.
- Employ one of the fellows if you are a small business owner, medical professional, or nonprofit leader.
- Host one of the four fellows who still need housing.
- Donate household items to the fellows (beds, mattresses, refrigerators, couches, desks, chairs, dishes, and silverware).
- Assist with any of the above, by contacting Jennifer Redd, email@example.com.
- Provide financial assistance to cover the cost of the program for fellows who cannot pay the full fee. Contact: Fred Lofberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grace and Peace,
Worship Services, Sunday, July 19
We extend a warm invitation to everyone in the community to join us for on-campus worship services! Safety continues to be our top priority in this first phase of regathering. Please note that because of physical distancing, advance reservations are required for all three services.
- Outdoor Services, 8:00 & 9:30 a.m. in the Lower (east) Parking Lot
- Indoor Service, 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary and available via livestream; face coverings required
- Scripture for Sunday | Old Testament: 1 Samuel 16:6-7 | New Testament: Romans 8:26-27
- For now there is no childcare or on-site Sunday school, but online classes and activities are available for children, youth, and adults. All ages are welcome in Sunday worship services.
Congregational Prayer Online, Wednesdays, 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Join our churchwide online prayer time by video or phone. See the information sent to the Fourth community this morning via email. If it’s your first time joining us, you can get familiar with Zoom videoconferencing ahead of time here.
Questions for church staff? Call: 301-320-3600, x205, or email Sallie Holdrich, email@example.com.
Contact: Marie LeDuc, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Summer Reading Club | Children’s Drive-Through Summer Reading Club continues every Thursday in July, 10:00-11:00 a.m., under the covered portico entrance (Ridgefield Road side) for families with children ages 3-12. Books may be checked out in advance by email request.
Outdoor Games | Join us this Thursday, July 16, as we lead outdoor, physically distanced games in the Lower Lot from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Space is limited and RSVP is required.
Children’s Sunday School | Take advantage of your time at home to enjoy this week’s Fourth Family Huddle reading. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together with your families this week as we explore the Book of Acts.
Youth Ministry | Middle School Rock (Tuesdays, 6:45-8:30 p.m, Lower Lot) and High School Root (Wednesdays, 6:45-8:30 p.m., Upper Lot) meet each week (weather permitting). Our virtual Sunday School continues to meet. For information about grade-specific activities, please contact email above.
Contact: Jean Bronson, email@example.com.
Women’s Cancer Support Group | Ladies who are survivors of cancer or presently under treatment are invited to attend Sunday, July 19, 2:30-3:30 p.m., via Zoom. If you are a regular attender, you will receive a Zoom invitation the Saturday before. If you are new to our group, please contact email above.
Women’s Fall Bible Studies | We will study the book of Hosea using Hosea: A 12-Week Study (Knowing the Bible), by Lydia Brownback, which is available from online vendors such as Westminster Bookstore, Amazon.com, and Christianbook.com. If you use Amazon, consider starting at smile.amazon.com and designating Fourth Presbyterian Church (Bethesda) as the charity, and the church will receive a portion of the purchase. We will meet at church Wednesday mornings for G2G with additional Zoom offerings or exclusively via Zoom. More information will be coming in August.
Adult Sunday School
Contact: Kathy Lofberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Adult Sunday School: Themes in Revelation | The summer semester concludes Sunday, July 19. The lecture will be available at 4thpres.org/resources in video and audio format this Friday, July 17.
Fall Pastor’s Classes | From September 6 to December 6, the 9:30 class will study Galatians, and the 11:00 class will study Joshua. More information on group meetings and online registration will be available in August.