The Youth Ministry exists to establish young believers, from 6th to 12th grade, in their Christian faith, that they might love God, know his Word, and serve him. We build a biblical foundation for students to become lifelong disciples of Christ. We do this through faithful Scripture teaching, intentional small group relationships, and community fellowship in many ways throughout the year.
High School (Grades 9-12)
- On Sunday mornings, we gather together for worship and learn from Jesus Christ through Scripture.
- Sundays, 9:30-10:45 a.m.
- High School Room (007)
- Outreach event for everyone in high school. Enjoy skits, games, and a gospel message.
- Select Sunday nights through December 15, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. (9/22, 9/29, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/17, 11/24, 12/08, 12/15)
- Drop-off at the church; pick-up at McDonald's, 5214 River Road, Bethesda
- Mid-week small groups where students gather in homes to learn and pray through Scripture together.
- School Year (September-May):
Rockville, Tuesdays, 7:00 - 8:45 p.m., address sent via e-newsletter; studying I Samuel
Bethesda, Wednesdays, 7:00 - 8:45 p.m., address sent via e-newsletter; studying I Samuel
Virginia, 7:00-7:50 a.m., for address, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Led by volunteer discipleship staff
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Learn more about God and how his word relates to our daily lives. We have skits, announcements, singing, and discussions of faith in large and small groups.
- Sundays, 9:30-10:45 a.m.
- Middle School Room (102)
- Middle School Bible study
- Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. when Fourth Night meets
- Fall 2019 dates: 9/11, 9/18, 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30.
- Spring 2020 dates: 1/8, 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25
- High School Room (007)
- We will study Romans 1-7 this fall study and Romans 8-16 in the spring. Led by volunteer discipleship staffers.
- "Fourth Night" is our Wednesday night program that brings the whole church body together to deepen our fellowship and grow in our faith. The evening begins with a meal (5:45-6:45 p.m.) in the Upper Room, followed by prayer and a choice of adult classes, activities and volunteer opportunities for all ages (6:45-7:30 p.m.) Middle school students who attend the dinner prior to Bible study are invited to sit together at the middle school table.
Annual Summer Program
The youth ministry internship is comprised of generally college-age or seminary-age adults who are committed to serving God by ministering to youth (grades six through twelve) within Fourth Presbyterian Church in Bethesda, Maryland. Applicants must have completed their freshman year of college (or be age equivalent) to qualify. There are a limited number of positions available each year and not all who apply will receive a position. Decisions on applicants are based upon this completed application, references, and interviews with the full-time staff.
This is NOT an elevated position, but a servant position. As you prayerfully consider a ministry opportunity at Fourth Presbyterian Church, understand that expectations are high. This is a full-time summer job, six days a week, and you will be held accountable. The Summer Staff commitment starts Tuesday May 26, 2020 and the last day is Friday, August 7, 2020, unless there is necessary makeup work as discussed with and by prior approval by a director. You will receive a twice monthly stipend for the summer, as well as a love offering collected in August. We reserve the right to terminate your position at any time for any unbiblical conduct, safety reasons, or actions detrimental to the body of Christ.
On this application you must give one peer reference and one ministry reference. A peer reference is someone in your life who can speak about your faith and character. A ministry reference is someone in a position of authority (campus minister, pastor) who can speak about your faith & walk with the Lord. If you have any questions or concerns about the position and to submit your completed application when finished, please email any of the directors. Once your application is submitted you will receive notification about setting up a formal interview.
Fourth Presbyterian Church is a private evangelical Protestant church in the Reformed tradition and is committed to its Christian mission of glorifying God by making disciples of Jesus Christ through Christ-centered worship, gospel-shaped community, kingdom-advancing multiplication, and neighbor-loving service. Every church activity, as well as the work of every staff member, is an act of worship meant to foster Christian faith and community. To be eligible for employment, all prospective staff members must affirm Fourth’s statement of faith, which is an occupational qualification for employment at Fourth Church. Fourth Church complies with those federal and state laws and guidelines relating to nondiscrimination in employment that are applicable. Read more about Fourth Presbyterian Church, including its mission, ministry, and beliefs, at www.4thpres.org. The application can be accessed here.
- June 19-23, 2020
- We invite all 6th-12th grade middle and high school students to join us for Summer Camp at NorthBay Adventure Camp. Invite your friends for this time of fun, fellowship and following God.
- Registration will open in January.
- Contact Marie with questions.
Calling all rising 8th graders! Please join us for the most impactful week that we offer middle school students. This will be a week of bonding and serving the city of Wilmington, Delaware, by supporting UrbanPromise. We will help run VBS-like programs, and play with preschool and elementary at-risk children in the morning. Roll up our sleeves and assist UrbanPromise with landscaping and other odd-jobs for a few hours each afternoon. And then spend our evenings with each other, bonding over coffee and slurpees, all-church games, sharing our testimonies, making dinner together, camping inside our host church, and showering at the YMCA. A packing list will be provided closer to the date. You DO NOT want to miss this event! Space is limited, so sign-up early! Cost $499. Scholarships are available.
- July 24 - August 2, 2020.
- Venture with us to Arad, Romania to join with Ovi Martin and the rest of Romania Christian Enterprises (RCE) to put on a summer camp for children. This is an awesome way to bond as a class, grow in your faith and witness, and participate in God's kingdom that stretches to the ends of the Earth.
- Open to all current juniors.
- Bike from Bethesda, MD to Nags Head, NC with support staff and vehicles.
- July 11-18, 2020
- We will bike approximately 350 miles in five days from Bethesda, MD to Nags Head, NC. We'll celebrate by spending three nights oceanfront, before heading home via bus.
- Contact Nate with questions.