The Children’s Ministry of Fourth Presbyterian Church is committed to coming alongside families to provide a loving, nurturing atmosphere for children as they learn to know, love, and follow the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Ministry Purpose
We seek to:
- Lay a firm foundation of biblical knowledge
- Model Christ and his kingdom in all that we do and say
- Love and care for the children who attend our church
- Come alongside parents as support
- Provide opportunities for the children to serve others
We provide child care and classes for infants through 5th grade every Sunday morning and on Wednesday evenings when Fourth Night is in session. Special events are held throughout the year such as Vacation Bible School and the Family Advent Celebration.
On Your First Visit
If you are visiting Fourth Presbyterian Church for the first time and would like your children to participate, please visit our Children’s Welcome Center. Volunteers are willing and able to assist you in locating the correct classroom for your child.
Child Safety and Check-In
We strive to maintain a loving and safe environment for all children entrusted to our care. For this reason, we require that you check in your child before attending worship or a Sunday School class. We have a secure electronic system to ensure safety. Volunteers at the Children’s Welcome Center will be able to assist you to check in your child at one of the kiosks.
- Kiosks are located on the first and second floor close to the nursery and classrooms.
- Once you check in, you and your child will be given labels with a matching number exclusive to your family.
- Your child will need to wear the name tag label.
- At check-out, an adult parent or guardian will need to give the matching label to the child’s teacher in order for your child to be released from the classroom.