Church Database Manager
Fourth Presbyterian Church has an opening for a full-time worker in a Communications/Operations role.
The Church Database Manager oversees all aspects of Ministry Platform (MP), the Church Management Software adopted by Fourth Church. The position is responsible for maintaining data integrity, making data readily accessible to staff for ministry uses, providing data reporting and analysis, and facilitating projects to implement additional system capabilities.
Data Integrity and Maintenance: 35%
- Manage security roles and staff access to MP
- Maintain adherence to data privacy policies and best practices
- Create weekly and monthly routines for data maintenance in coordination with MP Steering Committee
- Create and maintain protocols and procedures for data entry and use
- Oversee and update member, guest, visitor, pastor and missionary information, including but not limited to contact, membership, participation, event and event registration, and engagement data
Data Access: 20%
- Provide staff with initial and on-going training for MP
- Educate ministry leaders on how to use MP to further their ministries
- Meet with staff as needed to assist them with data set-up, complex registration forms, etc.
- Provide lay leaders with training on use of the portal and mobile tools in MP when needed
- Assist members and guests who need help accessing and using the MP portal
Data Reporting and Analysis: 15%
- Create reports and provide data analysis for Session, pastors, staff, and lay leaders — to include reports on membership, visitors, giving, congregational care, etc.
- Develop and analyze surveys as requested by pastors and ministry leaders
- Serve as primary point of contact with MP and liaison between MP and Fourth Church staff
- This will involve collaborating with the MP Steering Committee, MP personnel, and/or third-party vendors develop project requirements, oversee the rollout of new MP features, and vet deliverables from MP and other vendors
- Projects on the immediate horizon include migrating event management to MP, migrating to a new mass email platform, implementing mass texting via MP, and working with a third-party vendor to launch a Shepherding app.
- Collaborate with staff to develop new protocols and processes to support ministry (e.g., setting up groups, tracking visitor and member engagement, etc.)
The successful candidate will be:
- A problem solver
- A critical thinker
- A person who can revamp a process and make it better
- A process thinker (versus a process follower)
- A teacher who can articulate a process well to others
- A champion of the system (i.e., MP and integrated platforms)
- Comfortable having multiple projects in process at any given time
Character and Interpersonal
The successful candidate will:
- Exhibit trustworthiness in guarding the confidentiality of member and other sensitive information
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adjust as the needs of the job change
- Exhibit determination and perseverance to help get projects to the finish line
- Embrace team collaboration and problem solving
- Communicate with respect and dignity to all staff, members, and guests
- Work to maintain positive relationships with staff and congregants
Education and Work Background
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience with database management
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in project management and training
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, email resume with cover letter to Don Nalle (email@example.com).
This position description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee, but provides a general overview of the type of work that will be required. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed at any time.