What Is "Summer Staff"?
Summer Staff is a 10-week, full-time, paid internship program designed for young adults who are committed to Christ, possess a heart to serve God’s kingdom by discipling middle and high school students, and have completed at least one year of college or are age-equivalent.
Each summer, Fourth hires a team of Summer Staffers who work together in devoting themselves to the spiritual development of 6th-12th graders in the safe, fun, and loving environment which Fourth Church provides. They play a critical role in the success of our Youth Ministry’s summer program.
This unique leadership experience offers Summer Staffers the opportunity to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally, discovering and exploring personal gifts, and developing Christ-like relationships, while building invaluable life and work skills: interpersonal, communication, time management, teamwork, and leadership skills, to name a few.
Ideal candidates have a heart to serve, a desire to be challenged and grow in their walks with Christ, a genuine enthusiasm to work with youth, a joyful attitude, considerable maturity, and a verbal and non-verbal witness.
A Summer Staffer’s role is to:
- Lead weekly Bible studies and Sunday School lessons.
- Care for and mentor students throughout the week.
- Plan, organize, and implement events and activities both on and off campus. An important piece of this is our summer camp at the end of June.
Summer Staffers are supported and encouraged in all these important ways:
- Our Youth Staff works directly with interns daily, providing training and instruction on how to read and teach the Bible.
- Designated personal quiet times and group prayer times.
- Weekly colloquiums led by Fourth pastors and other spiritual mentors.
- A Summer Staff retreat.
- College Ministry weekly Bible study and events.
- Housing is provided with local church families.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until April 30, 2024.
More more info on these trips coming soon.
Summer Staff Retreat, May 28–30
Youth Summer Camp, June 20–24
8th Grade Mission Trip, July 21–26
12th Grade Mission Trip, July 13-20
Fill out this quick form to contact the Fourth youth staff.