Preparing Fourth Church to Serve Future Generations
As we near the 200th Anniversary of Fourth in 2028, we are freshly reminded of the Lord's faithful, gracious provision for the gathering of his people. From the humble, wooden structure at 9th Street and Grant Place, N.W., in the District of Columbia, to Fourth Church at 13th and Fairmont, to our present building in Bethesda — at each stage and in every generation — God has given the people of Fourth a heart to invest in the "greater progress of the gospel." —Philippians 1:12 (NASB)
Our Congregational Meeting on October 10, 2021, provided a first opportunity for the congregation to see architectural renderings of the proposed updates to the Sanctuary, Narthex, and Halverson Hall. See a recap of the meeting below.
Giving Toward Sanctuary Renewal
Congregational Meeting Recap
- Elder and member of the Sanctuary Renewal Committee, Steve White, shared floor plans and initial architectural renderings of the proposed updates to the Sanctuary, Narthex, and Halverson Hall.
- Mike Looney, Chair of the Sanctuary Renewal Campaign Committee, shared that $4 million has already been raised via pre-campaign toward the total projected $7 million cost of both renewing the Sanctuary and retiring existing building debt.
- The meeting concluded with a unanimous vote affirming Session's motion "to both formally launch the Sanctuary Renewal Campaign and complete the Sanctuary Renewal Project substantially as presented" at the meeting.
Download this PDF of Frequently Asked Questions
Slideshow of Historical Photos
To pause the images, hover or click on the image.
To go forward or back, use the arrows at left and right.
Invest in Sanctuary Renewal
Your contribution to the Sanctuary Renewal Fund will support the combined goals of preserving and improving the Sanctuary and eliminating existing debt.
- Give online: Select the button above to give electronically. Then, from the "Select Gift Fund" dropdown list, choose "Sanctuary Renewal."
- Give by check: Make payable to "Fourth Presbyterian Church" and write "Sanctuary Renewal" in the memo line.
- Pick up a Commitment Envelope on Sundays in Halverson Hall or the church Main Office.
- Complete the form below to submit your giving commitment electronically.
Complete this form to make a giving commitment to the Sanctuary Renewal Campaign. Your completed form will be routed directly to Fourth's Finance Office.