The Lord’s Day, August 8
Dear Fourth Church,
A blessed Lord’s Day to you. A few notes for this morning:
- If you missed it, see Todd’s email from yesterday with a word about the Montgomery County temporary mask mandate. As he mentioned, we continue to benefit as a church from the counsel of a group of medical and health research professionals who are also members of Fourth. Expect to see reminder signs at church entrances about wearing masks upon entry, and know that masks will be available for anyone who forgets to bring one.
- If you’ve been unable to attend a Sanctuary Renewal Town Hall to date, consider catching the virtual meeting today at 11:00 a.m. Join via Zoom. Our final Town Hall of the summer will run Sunday, August 22, 9:00–9:25 a.m. and 10:30–10:55 a.m. in Room 131.
- The music for this morning’s Hymn of Thanks was penned by Sandra McCracken, who, accompanied by her husband Tim Nicholson, will lead our Hymn Sing just three Sundays hence. The evening stands to be a time of joyous praise and refreshment in the Lord. Join in on August 29 at 6:00 p.m.
Verse 3 of the lyric attributed to Englishman John Stocker (18th century):
Thy mercy is more than a match for my heart,
Which wonders to feel its own hardness depart;
Dissolved by Thy goodness, I fall to the ground,
And weep to the praise of the mercy I’ve found.
As always, if you are unable to attend services today, the 9:30 service is available by livestream. You can view the livestream or dial 855-217-0187 to listen by phone. Both methods are available in real time or later on demand.
Sunday Service Times & Locations
Sunday Worship Links
Livestream (9:30 a.m. Service) | Morning Bulletin | Evening Bulletin
Do you or your family have a need?
• Reach out to the deacons. Call 301-320-3600 x223 or email email@example.com.
• Connect with Fourth pastors by phone or email. Visit 4thpres.org/about/leadership.