Midweek Devotional and Update
Dear Fourth Church Family,
In today’s devotional we reflect on Paul’s exhortation for believers to “maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” These timely words from Ephesians 4 call us to closely guard and plead and pray for the unity of the body of Christ.
Also, three notes for you (more details below):
- This coming Sunday we transition to a livestream service, which will begin at 9 a.m.
- No Q&A/discussion following our congregational prayer time tonight; we will resume next week.
- Today and Saturday, consider participating in the latest round of our food drive to serve our neighbors in need.
Grace and Peace,
This Sunday: Livestream at 9 a.m.
Congregational Prayer Online, Wednesdays, 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Join our churchwide online prayer time by video or phone. See the information sent to the Fourth community this morning via email. If it’s your first time joining us, you can get familiar with Zoom videoconferencing ahead of time here.
Questions for church staff? Call: 301-320-3600, x205, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Drive-Through” Food Drive
The neighborhood and church are invited to contribute to a food drive, collected by Fourth Presbyterian Church Youth in partnership with our Missions Local Outreach and distributed to ministry partners and neighbors in the DMV. See instructions below.
- Wednesday, June 10, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 13, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Mark your contributions “Food Drive” and place them in the trunk or rear of your vehicle.
- Please wear a mask.
- Drive to the covered entrance on the Ridgefield Road side of the church. Note that the church building is closed and the food drive is set up outside.
- Use the outer lane and remain in your car for safe social distancing.
- See tables set up for sorting donations.
- Release the trunk, and youth staff or volunteers wearing masks and gloves will unload your contribution.
- Please bring any quantity of the following (NO GLASS):
- canned soups, especially meat stew
- boxed milk (nonrefrigerated)
- pasta and rice
- canned spaghetti sauce
- canned tuna and meat
- peanut butter and jelly
- canned or dried beans
- paper goods: toilet paper, facial tissues, paper towels
- cooking oil
- diapers (any size) and wipes
- baby food
- grocery store gift cards in any amount
Please share this opportunity and invite everyone in the community to participate.
Recap videos day one | day two