Midweek Devotional and Update
Dear Fourth Church Family,
Titus 3:14 says, “And let our people learn to devote themselves to good works, so as to help cases of urgent need, and not be unfruitful.” These good works are an outflowing of God’s grace to us. We want to be a church that demonstrates this grace and displays neighbor-loving service to those around us. This week, I talk about a few different ways we can do this. In particular, I want to highlight the Youth Ministry’s “Drive-Through” Food Drive today, May 6, and Saturday, May 9. Details are below.
Also, don’t forget to join us tonight for our online Congregational Prayer from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. More information is below.
Grace and Peace,
“Drive-Through” Food Drive
The neighborhood and church are invited to contribute to a food drive conducted by Fourth Presbyterian Church Youth, Wednesday, May 6 (3:00-6:00 p.m.) and Saturday, May 9 (1:00–4:00 p.m.). Collected food will go to the Family Ministry of Central Union Mission, Young Lives (teen moms), and families in need.
- Mark your contributions “Food Drive” and place them in the trunk or rear of your vehicle.
- Please wear a mask.
- Drive to the covered entrance on the Ridgefield Road side of the church. Note that the church building is closed and the food drive is set up outside.
- Use the outer lane and remain in your car for safe social distancing.
- See tables set up for sorting donations.
- Release the trunk, and youth staff or volunteers wearing masks and gloves will unload your contribution.
- Please bring any quantity of the following:
- canned spaghetti sauce (NO GLASS)
- canned tuna
- canned meats
- peanut butter
- canned soups
- canned beans
- dried beans
- toilet paper
- facial tissues
- paper towels
- cooking oil
- grocery store gift cards in any amount
Congregational Prayer Online, Wednesdays, 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Scriptures for Sunday, May 10
Subscribe to biweekly missions eblasts sent alternating Fridays to learn about missions. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.