Midweek Devotional and Update
Dear Fourth Church Family,
This week I share some history from 1918 when Fourth and other DC churches endured the Spanish Flu pandemic. I hope you’ll be encouraged to hear how saints of that time were thinking and praying as they anticipated being able to gather once again for worship. Please spread the word about online Congregational Prayer tonight from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. and our Youth Ministry’s “Drive Through” Food Drive next week. See the information below and in the email sent to the Fourth community this morning.
Grace and Peace,
“Drive Through” Food Drive
The neighborhood and church are invited to contribute to a food drive conducted by Fourth Presbyterian Church Youth, Wednesday, May 6 (3:00-6:00 p.m.) and Saturday, May 9, (1:00–4:00 p.m.). Collected food will go to the Family Ministry of Central Union Mission and families in need.
- Mark your contributions “FOOD Drive” and place them in the trunk or rear of your vehicle.
- Please wear a mask.
- Drive to the covered entrance on the Ridgefield Road side of the church. Note that the church building is closed and the food drive is set up outside.
- Use the outer lane and remain in your car for safe social distancing.
- You will see tables set up for sorting donations.
- Release the trunk, and youth staff or volunteers wearing masks and gloves will unload your contribution.
- Please bring any quantity of the following:
- canned spaghetti sauce (NO GLASS)
- canned tuna
- canned meats
- peanut butter
- canned soups
- canned beans
- dried beans
- toilet paper
- facial tissues
- paper towels
- cooking oil
- grocery store gift cards in any amount
Congregational Prayer Online, Wednesdays, 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Scriptures for Sunday, May 3
Young Adult Ministry
Adult Sunday School
Special Blessings Zoom Gatherings
- Students and families meet for fellowship and prayer, Wednesdays, 6:15-6:45 p.m.
- Moms’ Bible study and support, Friday, May 15, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.