Immediate & Current Opportunities
(sorted alphabetically by Department)
Contact: Anson Keller
This ministry provides coffee on Sundays prior to all 3 services. We are in immediate need of volunteers to help with this ministry. Please contact Anson Keller to volunteer.
Contact: Rev. Ron Meyer
This ministry exists to welcome one another as Christ has welcomed us, for the glory of God. God welcomed us by Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Our mission is to foster a loving community of believers who know and care for one another. This helps fulfill one of the Four Pillars of Fourth Presbyterian Church outlined by Dr. Todd Smedley in his January sermon series.
Greeters, identified with personalized badges, currently serve at each of the church entrances before each morning service, and the Lessons & Carols services in December. We assist Christian Education by distributing Fourth Night and Adult Discipleship materials each semester. No experience is necessary and your time commitment is flexible with monthly schedules tailored to each greeter’s availability.
We’ve recently expanded our ministry with “roving greeters” who reach out to visitors and new members in Halverson Hall assuring that everyone feels known and cared for. Goals for the future include providing greeters for the Sunday evening service, Fourth Night dinners, and special events.
Current needs are for greeters during the summer and before the 8 a.m. service.
Welcome and Information Center
Contact: Karen Kerr
Volunteers needed for the Welcome and Information Center every Sunday between services. You may serve two or three times a year, or more. Volunteers greet visitors and regular attendees by providing information about Fourth and it’s programs as well as directions and assistance to classrooms.
CURRENT SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Acts of Compassion Ministry
Contact: Camille Weithers.
This ministry provides up to two weeks of dinners to those for whom this would be beneficial, i.e. those recovering from surgery, and transportation to those in need. Should you wish to assist please contact Camille.
- Nursery volunteer background check required)
- Children’s ministry intercessory prayer, 9:30-10 every Sunday
- Teacher (Children’s Ministry Committee makes final decision for anyone who wants to teach)
- Kindergarten-5th grade
- Teaching Assistant (Children’s Ministry Committee makes final decision for anyone who wants to teach)
- Kindergarten-5th grade
Contact: Tommy Myrick, x 204
- Lead: Seeking College students who long for their peers to know Christ better.
- Disciple: Seeking older men and women who will welcome and spiritually adopt collegiate Christians.
- Media Center Library aide: Assist on Sunday mornings and week day mornings with checking out materials
- Proofreader: Proofread bulletins, Fourth Press, annual report, etc. as needed
- Writer of newsletter features articles
- Children’s library assistant: Sunday mornings
- Children’s Reading Club Assistant –Thursday mornings, June 23 – July 26
- Children’s Reading Club Assistant — Sunday mornings, June 19- July 31
- Photographer: Capture Fourth’s busy life in photos, to be used in publications and on the web. Contact: Corey Gray or Sandy Long
- AV/Sound Tech: Wednesday evenings and/or Sunday mornings. Contact: Kathy Lofberg
Contact: Rev. Ron Meyer, x 235
- Acts of Compassion ministry Contact: Camille Weithers
- Opportunity to provide meals to members/regular attenders recuperating from surgery/medical procedures
- Opportunity to provide transportation for medical appointments or to church
- Call first-time guests to welcome them to Fourth. Monday-Tuesday, anytime.
- Coffee service: Sunday am- all 3 services.
- Communion set-up: Sunday mornings and evenings
- Community Groups Contact: Tommy Myrick
- Host a group
- Lead a group
- Congregational Prayer Team Member: Wednesday night while Fourth Night is in session
- Drive members, friends, and regular attenders to medical or other appointments as needed
- ESOL – teach English to non-speakers: Wednesday evening classes Contact: Bill Bronson
- Music Volunteers Needed: guitarist to play during class break time; lead group singing during the class break. The break is 25 minutes beginning at 8 pm.
- Event Coordinators: develop plans and coordinates activities for various program events; which include Christmas Potluck, Graduation, and the International Picnic.
- Communication & Publicity Coordinator: prepare announcements and articles throughout the year; work with church office in publishing and printing promotional material; recommend updates for website page; Coordinate distribution and posting of flyers to advertise the program.
- Faith in Action Contact: Pamela Roylance
An Urban Ministry partnership
- Bring in non-perishable goods and clothing monthly for donation in the upper parking lot
- Assist with collection/distribution of goods in the upper parking lot monthly greeters: Sunday am- welcoming guests at several entrances
- Greeters: Sunday am – Welcoming guest at several entrances
- Parking Committee Member: Sunday mornings and monthly committee meetings. 5 – 8 hours per month.
- Phone receptionist in church office: Weekdays (full or half days), and on Sunday mornings
- Spiritual Foundation of Marriage (SFOM) Mentor Couple: Mentor young couples- training required. SFOM leadership team makes the final determination for any couples who wish to mentor.
- Special Blessings Volunteer Contact: Audrey Muteru
- Currently recruiting Interns for June, July, and/or August during the 9:30 and 11 am services. Interns at the 9:30 am hour would assist elementary age children with special needs by reading Bible stories, and helping with drafts, activities, and music time. Interns at the 11 am hour would lead young adults with special needs in gospel lessons, activities, and songs. Depending on the qualifications of the candidates, these could be paid positions.
- Support children, teens and young adults with companionship during Fourth Night dinner and youth group activities
- Transportation Assistance volunteer: Provide rides to church for those who need them on Sunday worship or special event
- Welcome Center volunteer– Sunday am
Contact: Doug Mears, x 209
- Sanctuary Choir: Intermediate music experience required- contact music office, Director: Douglas Mears
- Celebration choir: Grades 1-3, Director: Vicki Fanara
- Covenant choir: Audition required. Takes new members any time. Grades 4-8, Director: Marilyn Edewaard
- Youth choir: Grades 9-12, Director, Diana Mears
- Evening worship team participant: Audition required, Team Leader: Adam Kunsberg
- Fourth Orchestra: Director, Mary Clark
- Fourth Flutes: Audition required. Contact: Cynthia Keith
- Jubilate Quartet String Ensemble: Audition required. Contact: Carolyn Rodda-Lincoln
- Ring Forth: Beginning and intermediate level handbell choir, Director: Mary Clark
- Bells of the Trinity: Advanced handbell choir- by audition, Director: Mary Clark
- Special Blessings: Handbells for teens and young adults with special needs. Director: Linda Elkan
Contact Kevin Jackson or Lee Peters, x 467
We need individuals on Sundays to walk the parking lots and surrounding streets in the neighborhood to ensure congregants are properly parked during the services.
There are many opportunities to serve within our youth ministry. If any of these opportunities interest you, please reach out to us so that we can gauge where you might be a good fit!!
- Weekly Bible study leaders: During the school year we need volunteer leaders with an interest in leading weekly bible studies and building relationships with the students that walk through our doors.
- Parents willing to pray & offer hospitality in their homes
- Sunday School teachers: We need volunteers with a passion for teaching to serve in our Sunday school ministry at 9:30 am.
- Volunteers who are not able to serve on a consistent basis should get in touch with us about coming on a weekend retreat.