Occasional and As-Needed Opportunities
Listed below are ongoing, and as-needed service opportunities.
Please contact the person listed for further details.
(By phone, dial 301-320-3600.)
Contact: Kathy Lofberg, x 265
- Book table volunteer: Volunteer for special events, as needed
- Special event set-up volunteer: Volunteer for special events, as needed
- Photocopying, as needed
Contact: Claire Hearle, x 218
- Children’s special events volunteer: Help set-up/clean-up events such as the Christmas craft workshop, Christmas program, VBS, and others as needed
Communications & Media Center
Contact: Corey Gray, x 212
- Children’s Summer Reading Club Helper: Run the tables and check children’s book lists.
- Special Features Writer: Write occasional articles for Fourth Press newsletter
- AV & Sound Tech: Wednesdays and Sundays Contact: Kathy Lofberg
- Photographer: Capture highlights of Fourth’s busy life. Photos to be used in publications and on the web. Contact: Corey Gray or Sandy Long
Contact: Rev. Ron Meyer, 235
- Teach English at ESOL: Wednesday evening classes Contact: Bill Bronson
- Faith in Action: downtown ministry partnership. Contact: Pamela Roylance
- Bring in non-perishable goods and clothing monthly for donation in the upper parking lot
- Assist with collection/distribution of goods in the upper parking lot monthly
Contact: Rev. Corey Gray, x 212
- Spiritual Foundation of Marriage (SFOM) Mentor Couple: Mentor young couples- training required. SFOM leadership team makes the final determination for any couples who wish to mentor. Contact: Rev. Thomas Myrick.
Contact: Melody Istrati, x 286
- Star of Bethlehem – along with Star of Bethlehem members, serve hot meals biweekly to needy individuals at the church, in NW DC- 2nd and 4th Tuesdays
- Central Union Mission – volunteer at the downtown ministry to the homeless
- Samaritan’s Inn – organize and participate in making dinner and enjoying fellowship on weekends with residents in intensive recovery in downtown DC
- Rockville Pregnancy Center – volunteer as needed
- Birth Mothers – walk alongside a woman and her partner going through a crisis pregnancy- providing care, support, and non-judgmental assistance
Missions & Outreach
Contact: Melody Istrati, x 286
- Volunteer to participate in missions trip
- Medical missions trip
- Missions Conference Week
- Host visiting missionaries in your home
- Serve as a missions banquet server
Contact: Kevin Jackson or Lee Peters, x 467
We need individuals on Sundays to walk the parking lots and surrounding streets in the neighborhood to ensure congregants are properly parked during the services.
Women of Fourth
Contact: Jean Bronson, x 275
- Child-care for special events
- Craft ministry volunteer: Make items to meet various needs of members
- Events planning team member: One-time event help
- Accompany retreats as a chaperone/discipler
- Summer staff host: Provide housing for one or more college aged staff for ten weeks
- Volunteer staff for retreats and trips
Don’t see anything that interests you?
Please send us an email and tell us what you’d be interested in. We’d love to hear from you.